Main Street Morgantown
201 High St., Ste. 2
Morgantown, WEST VIRGINIA 26505
Contact phone: 304-292-0168
Web site: http://www.downtownmorgantown.com
Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Historic downtown Morgantown presents a charmingly eclectic mixture of small retail businesses, professional services, restaurants and residential units.
• The Caperton Trail includes 8 miles of paved surface perfectfor walking, rollerblading, strolling and biking.
• Deckers Creek Trail offers an 1,800 ft. incline over 18 miles.
• Morgantown is the scenic mountain home of West Virginia University and all that entails from sporting events at the Coliseum and Mountaineer Field to performing arts at the Creative Arts Center.
• Downtown shopping offers one of a kind specialty shops, such as gourmet chocolates, fine wine, antiques, art galleries and unique jewelry. The historic Seneca Center houses unique boutiques and shops.
• Originally a warehouse district, the Wharf District is now a revitalized growing commercial and residential center. Located next to the Monongahela River, it is one of the best portals to the Caperton Trail.
• Over 40 cafes, pubs and fine dining establishments offer visitors a choice in cuisine.
• Take a historic walking tour of downtown Morgantown visiting architecture, locations and events that helped to shape the city of today. An audio tour is available.
• Enjoy ice sculptures, winter games and events in Morgantown during Winter Carnival every February.
• A one-day chocolate extravaganza comes to town during Chocolate Lovers’ Day in April. Indulge in an array of chocolate creations while visiting local businesses.
• Kids’ Day takes over downtown Morgantown with more than 60 events including crafts, games, live entertainment and rides. Mark your calendar for July.
• In October take a self-guided tour of Morgantown’s Arts and Entertainment district including galleries, live music and unique shops.