G. W. Henderson Plantation (Henderson Hall)
County Rt. 21/22 (Old River Road) of WV 14
Williamstown, WEST VIRGINIA 26187
Contact phone: 304-375-2129
One of the few plantations left in the state is Henderson Hall in Williamstown. Built in 1836 overlooking the Ohio River, this three-story, 29-room Italianate mansion was the focal point of social and political life for almost two centuries. Period pieces are still intact and include a rosewood piano, the original wood floors, a collection of rare clocks, and a 12-foot gilt mirror, with 17th Century furnishings and portraits still in place.