Tygart Lake State Park
Rte. 1, Box 260
Grafton, WEST VIRGINIA 26354
Contact phone: 304-265-6144
Contact phone 2: 800-225-5982
Web site: http://www.tygartlake.com
Contact e-mail: email@example.com
Tygart Lake State Park is a cozy, quiet getaway for couples and families. It sits among West Virginia's rolling hills and alongside 10-mile long, 1,750-acre Tygart Lake. Tygart Lake visitors enjoy great fishing and boating (seasonal) on the mountain-stream fed waters of the lake. Tygart Lodge overlooks the lake and offers some of the most comfortable and appealing guest rooms in West Virginia's renowned state park system. In addition to the lake, Tygart features five hiking trails, camping, a restaurant offering tasty down-home favorites and original local fare, as well as two gift shops.
Nature and Recreation Programs
The park Naturalist offers a variety of programs on the park's natural and cultural history. Programs and tours can be arranged for groups. These are available during the summer, Memorial Day through Labor Day and at other times by special request.
The park offers five hiking trails. Map and trail guides are available to assist in planning the right length and duration of of your hike.
Tygart Lake is considered by many to be one of the best bass waters in the area and fishing its deep waters can be a rewarding and exciting experience. In addition, anglers will find abundant walleye, musky, crappie, perch, bullhead catfish, carp, northern pike and numerous pan fish. All fish found in Tygart Lake are sustained through natural reproduction rather than by stocking, attesting to the exceptional water quality of the lake. Fishing for golden rainbow trout, which are periodically stocked in the tail waters of Tygart Dam, is also popular with many anglers.
Boats can be rented from the marina. Depending on lake conditions, the Marina is open May 15 through September 15. They offer fishing boats, pontoon boats, and slip rentals by the hour, 1/2 day or full day(s).
- Lessee must be 21 years old or older
- Reservations cannot be accepted for less than one day
- In case of breakdown, etc. of the horsepower outfit you requested, we reserve the right to substitute a different one. The price range to be according to our advertised price for the outfit substituted.
- Customer assumes responsibility for the unit and personal injury and property damage while leased.
- A $150 deposit required on all pontoon boats.
- A $50 deposit required on all fishing boats (9.9 horsepower)
- Gasoline not included in price of rental.
- One half day rental = four (4) hours
- Day rental = eight (8) hours
- Pets are NOT allowed on boats
- A $50 clean-up fee charged for boats returned dirty.
This facility is included in "A Guide to Accessible Recreation in West Virginia
Please check the Guide or the site for information on accessibility. Please note - a self-reporting survey was used to compile the information in this Guide; every attempt was made to verify the accuracy of the information but West Virginia Division of Tourism is not responsible for errors or inaccuracies.
- Dump Station
- Electricity 30 AMP
- RV Sites
- Tent Sites