Type of assistance: State grants.
Purpose: To enhance the capacity of local economic development organizations to undertake economic development activities and to complete Certified Development Community (CDC) program requirements.
Matching grants, up to $31,008 per county, will be made available to county or regional economic development organizations that commit to following the guidelines established through the CDC program and that also meet the grant program criteria. Eligible applicants must be designated by the county commission as the county's lead economic development entity.
Program requirements: For the purpose of this program, a community is either a county or multi-county region. Applicants may receive up to $31,008 in matching grant funds. Applicants representing a single county must have a cash match equal to the amount of the grant. Applicants representing multi-county or regional economic development organizations must have cash to match half the grant amount. Successful applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- Resolution from the county commission(s) designating the applicant as the lead economic development organization for the county.
- Evidence of current participation and good standing in the CDC program.
- Project narrative that reviews the previous years' economic development activities.
- Proposed budget.
- Evidence of cash match.
- Organizational information including legal structure, list/contact information for board of directors, annual action plan and organization revenue budget.
- Thirty hours of professional development and attendance at one West Virginia Economic Development Council meeting.
- Business retention and expansion narrative and visitation schedule.
- Updated information on site and building inventory.
- Development and/or maintenance of a website.
- REAP Compliant
Eligible applicants: The following organizations are eligible as long as the county commission has issued a resolution designating the group as the county's lead economic development entity.
- County development corporations or authorities
- A multi-county or regional development corporation or authority
- Regional Planning and Development Councils
Contact: For additional information about the Local Economic Development (LED) Grant Program, please call the West Virginia Development Office at (800) 982-3386 or (304) 558-2234.