The U. S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has named several West Virginia business owners as 2014 outstanding entrepreneurs and champions. The SBA West Virginia District Office honored the state winners May 29 during a ceremony in Morgantown. The top small business lenders in the state were also be honored.
The 2014 West Virginia State Award Winners are:
- Small Business Person of the Year
Kenneth Allman - PracticeLink and MountainPlex Properties
- Exporter of the Year
Chad Harlan Remp - Wheeling Truck Center
- Family-Owned Small Business of the Year
Christopher Alan Wendling - A.F. Wendling, Inc.
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year
Bridget Watters Rowsey - Bridget's Dance Academy
- Veteran Small Business Champion of the Year
Jeannette King - Strategic Resolution Experts
- Women in Business Champion of the Year
Read recent or past issues of WV EDGE Business Report