The winners of the 2011 public relations awards were recently announced by the East Central District of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA). Groups from Michigan, Indiana, West Virginia, Kentucky, Pennsylvania and Ohio competed for the honors recognizing outstanding achievement. The West Virginia Department of Commerce won more awards than any other group in the competition and was the only winner from the state. The awards were received for:
- Search Engine Marketing and Landing Pages – Diamond Award
- Genuine West Virginia Reunions Campaign – Diamond Award
- West Virginia Small Business Development Center Identity System – Diamond Award
- Governor’s Guaranteed Workforce Annual Report – Award of Merit
- Business at the Speed of Life DVD – Award of Merit
The Business at the Speed of Life 30-second ad also earned a gold place finish during the 2011 MarCom Awards, one the largest competitions in the creative industry. The ad was first showcased on the CBS and Golf Channel networks during coverage of the second PGA TOUR’s Greenbrier Classic and now airs on CNN’s Airport Network between now and New Year’s week. The ad and videos may be viewed at www.businessatthespeedoflife.com.
Read recent or past issues of West Virginia's Open For Business Report