Tag that perfect Christmas tree
CHARLESTON, W.Va. – Have the satisfaction of knowing your perfect Christmas tree awaits you by pre-tagging it at a West Virginia choose-and-cut Christmas tree farm. West Virginia Division of Forestry officials have identified seven farms that allow you to pick the perfect tree before the holiday season rush begins. Once Christmas draws closer, you can return, cut your fresh tree and take it home to decorate.
"Each family has its own traditions, whether they set up the tree the day after Thanksgiving, on Christmas Eve or anytime in between," said Assistant State Forester Bob Radspinner. "Early tagging lets customers know their tree is fresh and ready to be brought home when their schedules allow."
W.Va. choose-and-cut Christmas tree farms that allow early tagging include:
- Allen DeHaven Trees, Hedgesville, Berkeley County
- Berry Fork Enterprises, Heaters, Braxton County
- Mulkeen Farm & Nursery, Independence, Monongalia County
- Yagel Poor Farm, Craigsville, Nicholas County
- King’s Trees, Bruceton Mills, Preston County
- Piney Tree Farm, Piney View, Raleigh County
- French Creek Christmas Trees, French Creek, Upshur County
- If your tradition is choosing, cutting and bringing your tree home on the same day farms can accommodate that as well.
A complete list of W.Va. choose-and-cut Christmas tree farms, including locations, directions and hours, is found at www.wvcommerce.org/directory/christmastreefarms.
# # #
Contact: Leslie Fitzwater, Public Information Specialist, 304-957-9342 or 304-541-8102, Leslie.C.Fitzwater@wv.gov