The West Virginia Division of Energy is responsible for the formulation and implementation of fossil, renewable and energy efficiency initiatives designed to advance energy resource development opportunities and provide energy services to businesses, communities and homeowners in West Virginia.
West Virginia Energy Opportunities: A primary goal of the division is the development of the West Virginia Energy Opportunities Document, the state energy plan. The plan promotes increased energy efficiency, traditional fossil energy forms and renewable energy. It may be viewed online at www.energywv.org.
- Information clearinghouse: www.energywv.org
- Community-based meetings: Topics include alternative fuels, energy conservation and renewable energy
- Media interaction: Providing news releases and informational interviews on topics including renewable energy and alternative fuels, energy-saving tips and energy-related economic development opportunities.
- Clean Air Forum: The West Virginia Division of Energy co-sponsors the Clean Air Forum newsletter with the West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection. The newsletter offers energy information from around the state and may be viewed at www.energywv.org.
- Promote the development of fossil energy, renewable energy and energy-efficient projects and programs in West Virginia
- Attract new energy enterprises to West Virginia
- Provide outreach and technical support