Veterans are our priority!
Eligible veterans are entitled to priority services
Public Law 107-288, Title 38, U.S. Code and State Legislation mandates that qualified veterans receive priority in all employment and training programs including:
If you have served in the U.S. military, you may be entitled to receive priority of services. If you have questions, please inform our staff.
- Referral to jobs and job training programs
- Counseling, testing and job development assistance
- Eligibility determination for tax credit programs
- Assistance in filing complaints related to:
- Federal contractors regarding affirmative action for qualified veterans
- Federal agency hiring practices related to veteran preference
- Uniformed Service Employment and Re-employment Rights Act (USERRA), including rights of national guard and reserve members
Check out the U.S. Department of Labor Veterans’ Employment and Training Services (VETS) to find resources on career preparation, employment and expertise and the protection of veterans’ employment rights.
For more information visit at local WorkForce West Virginia office on the Locations Map or call 1-800-252-JOBS (5627).