Main Street Ripley
101 N. Court Street
Carson Corner Professional Building
Ripley, WEST VIRGINIA 25271
Contact phone: 304-372-1637
Web site: http://www.mainstreetripley.org
Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Located in the beautiful Appalachian foothills of the Ohio River Valley, Ripley is the county seat of Jackson County and home to 3,400 residents. As the “Heart of Hospitality,” pedestrian-friendly Ripley offers personal service, friendly cafes and quaint shops.
• The town’s historic courthouse square anchors downtown’s antique shops, cafés and specialty shops. Ripley is home to the oldest independent furniture establishment in the United States, Vail Furniture which opened its doors in 1844.
• The historic and renovated Alpine Theater reopened to the public in 2006 after being closed for 25 years. A full year of arts events is planned.
• Celebrate the largest small town Fourth of July celebration in the United States. Attended by more than 30,000 visitors
each year, these celebrations began in 1877 and feature a “Two-Mile Fun Run” sponsored by Main Street Ripley, a patriotic parade, continuous live musical entertainment on the courthouse square, and an impressive fireworks display to top off the evening.
• The annual Mountain State Art and Craft Fair brings 20,000 visitors to town. The four-day event features 200 juried crafters, live entertainment and festival food. Located at Cedar Lakes, the fair is considered the “Granddaddy of all Fairs” in West Virginia.
• On Memorial Day weekend, the two-day “Ripley’s On Sale” community-wide yard sale brings thousands to town to hunt for a special treasure among the 100 vendors who set up shop on the courthouse lawn and in Ripley’s retail shops that offer special deals.
• On the second Saturday of August, “Ripley’s Fun Day and Health Fair for Children” and the “Summertime in the City” events provide traditional games, story telling, balloon and sidewalk art and fun food for children of all ages. Hundreds of children and parents spend the day together as they share a three legged race or egg toss.
• September brings the Main Street Ripley “Antique Car Show.” More than 100 motor vehicles roll down the highway that leads to a day full of entertainment and fun as car enthusiasts saunter through the displays of antique cars and watch as trophies go to the “best of show.”