Business and Industrial Development Division (BID)
Research and Strategic Planning Group
Community Development Division
International Development Division
Small Business Development
West Virginia Small Business Development Center (WVSBDC)
Improve the quality of life for all West Virginians by strengthening our communities and expanding the state’s economy to create more and better jobs.
Business and Industrial Development Division: Actively promotes the growth of the state’s economy through business startups, retention and expansion of existing industry, and the attraction of new industry.
Research and Strategic Planning Group: Provides research, analytic and information support to companies considering operations in the state as well as to existing West Virginia companies.
Community Development Division: Administers state and federal programs designed to make needed civic improvements and to attract private sector investments.
International Development Division: Identifies and develops international business opportunities that retain or create jobs in West Virginia.
Small Business Development Center: Provides assistance to existing small businesses, as well as entrepreneurs who desire to start their own business.
- Support existing businesses in the expansion and retention of their operations.
- Attract new businesses to locate in the state.
- Generate new leads and prospects of potential investors.
- Diversify West Virginia’s economy by marketing to targeted industries.
- Provide comprehensive development assistance.
- Provide research, planning and technical support.
- Work with local governments and economic developers to improve the quality of life in communities.
- Market West Virginia at primary and secondary target industry trade shows, averaging between 24-30 shows per year worldwide.