Read page content
Read page navigation
Join our social network:
West Virginia’s Top 10
1. Growing: Since 2005, West Virginia has seen $19 billion in new business investments.
2. Reduction: West Virginia removed approximately $126 million of business tax burden in FY 2012 and more than $450 million during the past six years.
3. Central: West Virginia is within overnight trucking distance of more than half of the U.S. population – and a third of the Canadian population.
4. Profitable: West Virginia’s cost of doing business is 15 percent lower than the U.S. average and ranks as the third lowest in the country, according to Moody’s Economy.com.
5. Productive: The state’s skilled workers are among the most productive in the U.S. – with manufacturing turn-over rates among the lowest in the country.
6. Global: Investments from 28 countries has created more than 22,000 jobs in West Virginia. Plus, the state’s exports grew by nearly 40% percent last year – leading the nation in percentage of growth.
7. Popular: More than 15 million overnight leisure travelers visit the Mountain State annually. Travel spending by overnight and day visitors to the state reached $4.27 billion in 2010.
8. Affordable: West Virginia’s cost of living is 5.6 percent lower than the national average.
9. Safe: The state has one of the lowest crime rates in the country.
10. Home: Low property taxes help West Virginia lead the nation in home ownership. Here, the same money buys a much larger home than in other metro areas.
Copyright © 2014. All rights reserved.
All photos are the property of West Virginia Department of Commerce and not to be reproduced without written permission.