Read page content
Read page navigation
Join our social network:
West Virginia’s Top 10
1. Growing: Since 2005, West Virginia has seen more than $22 billion in new business investments.
2. Reduction: West Virginia removed approximately $165 million of business tax burden in FY 2013 and more than $482 million during the past seven years.
3. Central: A strategic location within an eight-hour drive to more than half the U.S. population and more than one-third of the Canadian market.
4. Profitable: West Virginia’s cost of doing business is nearly 14 percent below the U.S. average and ranks 12th best in the economic climate category.
5. Productive: The state’s skilled workers are among the most productive in the U.S. – with manufacturing turn-over rates among the lowest in the country.
6. Global: Investments from 30 countries has created more than 26,000 jobs in West Virginia. Plus, in 2013, West Virginia exports reached the third highest value in state history with a total of more than $8.4 billion.
7. Popular: More than 15 million overnight leisure travelers visit the Mountain State annually.
8. Affordable: West Virginia’s cost of living is 14 percent lower than the national average.
9. Safe: The state has one of the lowest crime rates in the country.
10. Home: Low property taxes help West Virginia lead the nation in home ownership. Here, the same money buys a much larger home than in other metro areas.
Copyright © 2017. All rights reserved.
All photos are the property of West Virginia Department of Commerce and not to be reproduced without written permission.